“Digital tools and platforms, if correctly applied, offer a powerful new way to accelerate and amplify the ability of an organization to change.”
The article highlights a number of key aspects that digital can bring to the change management effort, these include:
1. Provide just-in-time feedback – updates of how the new processes are running.
2. Personalize the experience – feedback that is targeted to the individual and the task they are undertaking.
3. Sidestep hierarchy – cross department and boundary communications, allow the people to connect directly to get their questions answered, both about the change and about work tasks they are undertaking.
4. Build empathy, community, and shared purpose – use digital tools like social media to help the communications.
5. Demonstrate progress – help everyone to see the full picture of what is happening and what is changing.
For more on Change Management click here